Watch a film online
When it's cold outside there is nothing better than making yourself cosy and watching one of your favourite seasonal films. Whether you prefer It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol, The Grinch or Love Actually. You can stream these films directly to your computer, tablet or TV to watch on demand!
All you need to get going to watch a movie online is a device and a connection to the internet, but beware that watching movies will eat into your data allowance. Our our guide How to watch TV shows and movies online provides useful advice on the technology requirements and recommended broadband speeds and allowances.
Steps to watching your perfect film
Once you've got the technology ready you will need to:
1. Decide what to watch. Luckily to save endless searching there is plenty of advice out there, such as The IMDb Top 100 Christmas movies of all time list.
2. Find the cheapest way to watch that film. You can use the Find Any Film website to find the cheapest way to access the film you want. You might also be able to get older classic films such as Gone with the Wind for free- try searching the Internet Archive. Also worth knowing is that if you pay for a TV licence then you can access all the films on BBC iPlayer without any additional cost!
3. Purchase the film or sign up an account on the streaming service. You may be able to sign up for an initial free trial period which is perfect if you aren't sure if the service will suit you, or if you are only planning to watch a few movies!
4. In the website of the streaming service you've chosen search for your chosen film.
5. Get comfy and press Play!